Tuesday 16 December 2008

New Automap

38 or something errors left, but it's going to go up again once I move maps inside Level class. Automap class is now only a gui type class with location and size, automap tiles, drawing them and update. Level class has now 1400+ lines of code but it's going to grow a lot. Teemu's Level class has 1800+ lines, but I think mainly because it's pretty linear programming. Kaduria has much more low level systems and engine-style code reducing the amount of code in high level classes such as Level.

I really hope this is the last time I'm rewriting the code. It should be, because the result of modular programming is just rock solid. I haven't heard of any bugs in Teemu and haven't found one when playing it. Creating good base classes that simply don't fail is the key to producing that kind of code.

No comments:

Post a Comment