Thursday 21 March 2013

Weapon research

The RPG system of Kaduria is more physically based. It means there is more research to do with weapons and armours. I like doing research, but I don't want to dig too deep into that stuff. However it's interesting to realize how little we modern people know about medieval type weapons. Why they were like that and how they were used. In fact I think even actual scientists don't know everything yet, because the practical knowledge was lost when firearms were invented.

The techniques that were used had been developed during thousands of years. Imagine all that fighting and the history of weapon development to become better at killing. It's so revealing and tells a lot about us humans.

When I read about medieval weapons there is always something I didn't know or realize. Let's take an example of arrows. I knew they have a pointy end, but I didn't realize there were so many types of heads. Each of them had specific use. What I'm going to do is take essential head types and model them in Kaduria. It's something else compared to just having a regular arrow.

1 comment:

  1. I like it. Like a barbed head will slow an enemy down because it's hard to take out, a heavier head penetrates better but may be less accurate, or even more accurate in the wind/outside. Fire heads to light up areas. Whistling heads to distract.

    ReplyDelete