Sunday 3 October 2010

The cheese hits Shamino

That's the message I got when I threw a cheese while standing next to wall. So it's not yet there, but almost! I'm happy that I can now navigate through the dungeon, although the level saving doesn't work yet so the game is creating a new level every time. And rooms are taken off momentarily so it's only caverns and corridors.

May sound funny, but I'm excited when I get simple things done like entering a new level or throwing an item. Well, "done" in a way that you can see something happen. The final routines are always much more complex but I'm not thinking about that now. I want to get simple working versions. When I get most of basic functions like throwing, kicking and basic combat I want to make a Youtube video from Kaduria's gameplay. I think that will give people some idea and prepare them for not being too disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment