Wednesday, 31 August 2011

Review of monsters

Today I was looking at the Monster class. It's 2971 lines of code which in Kaduria is one of the biggest source files. Most of it is ok, but it's missing AI code and role-playing system parts. It has been difficult to create the rpg system itself, because I suck at it. However I feel that if I can nail this one it's going to be much easier to complete the game. This is the important part, how to make monsters tick so to speak.

Another difficult thing is the relationship between Monster and Player classes. I now realize that there should be a clear derived-type construct which should not be broken (which I have done). It's another issue which is going to take some time to fix. But even with all these difficulties I'm optimistic. I have learned my lessons.

No comments:

Post a comment