Sunday 13 November 2011

Bug hunting

Today I fixed a special bug that made the program crash in Long Corridor level theme. It was a special one because there are no other known bugs that crash the program. The bug was relatively easy to find. In fact I was using VC debugger to find it. Usually I don't even need a debugger to find the bug, but in this case it was needed.

The number of open bugs is 12 which isn't that bad. I try to limit it under 10 to keep the game playable and as solid as possible. Some bugs are caused by parts of the code that are going to be refactored and usually the bug will be fixed at the same time. The current speed of development is quite fast and I believe it will produce an increasing number of bugs, but it's obvious that the release version will have zero known bugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment