Friday 26 July 2013

Junk

It's often important to know exactly what is going on with routines, but it's also tedious to add debug information. I guess I need it now when I'm fixing a bug with room item creation. For some unknown reason the search is including areas outside the room. The bug has been there for a while and I noticed it only when removing all item creation other than when it creates junk items in "small" rooms.

Bugs like this are annoying, because you know the room is made into that spot. You can see it in the mask map and in the level. Nevertheless something is wrong. Maybe the room rectangle is stored incorrectly. Since small rooms are temporary objects I have to change it and store them in a list to view the data later and compare it to the actual level.

1 comment:

  1. Gotta love those bugs where you "know" that it is supposed to work but it doesn't. The computer must be doing something wrong haha. That's how I feel with most bugs anyway. It can't be my fault... right...?

    ReplyDelete