Sunday 7 March 2010

Containers

It's almost month from last entry. I really feel I have now control over containers and there is not much to do with them anymore. Writing container code is hard, because of ownership issue which can be quite complicated in a large scale program. Well, actually it doesn't have to be complicated. I made the usual mistake with container class and tried to give it to too much responsibility. It's easy to think that giving class more functionality will make things easier, but it's not always the fact. It will work only if the class will  handle things that belong to it. Then it doesn't matter how simple or complex the class is.

The annual 7DRL madness is going on, but I have my own battle with Kaduria. They can lose the battle and retreat, but I have to push onward to victory.

No comments:

Post a Comment