Monday, 26 December 2011

Rebuilding gameview

Areas of the gameview are starting to update properly again. While refactoring I ran into something quite unexpected. The main stats were updated inside the stat class and signaled to GUI, but of course it was done for all creatures, not just the player. So, had to backtrack and create wrapper routines in creature class to adjust stats and check if the creature is the player, and only then signal GUI. It was easier than I thought so I made it in one run.

It looks like other parts are fine, although I have to add parts that weren't there in the first place: two explanation text slots and quick item slots that can be used with keys 1-7. Then I have to clean up some manual updates, especially check out calls to Redraw in the dungeon class.

No comments:

Post a comment