Wednesday 22 March 2023

The new old gui

Forcing the gui to the main font size (12 x 24 pixels) was a great idea I think. When everything falls to that "text based" grid it's easier to place stuff on the screen. In fact this is what I partly did earlier with menus having only text based locations, but now everything is locked into the grid, except for smaller font size, but it's also placed "inside" the grid.

The new gui refactoring has been quite easy, no big problems there. Since the medication has been kicking in I've been wondering now what the google terms of service I've been doing with the gui before. It's like I had no idea how to finish those features, so they were simply left unfinished for a long time. Weird stuff, but then again I certainly had a problem with that brain fog.

Other than gui I've realized that pretty much everything is important, so there is no special order I have to get stuff in "somewhat" finished state. It's disheartening to understand how much there is still to do in areas like dungeon generation, but I don't find this situation hopeless. Things can proceed fast especially in procedural generation.

No comments:

Post a Comment