Saturday 13 December 2008

Map madness

Restarted Kaduria's blog to keep Rogue Hut clean from this poop. Re-writing maps is becoming more difficult, because of the relationship between Gameview (the routine showing the game world's view) and Level (class that contains maps). Some copying is probably needed, but it's making drawing slower. I don't know if this careful approach is premature optimization, but feels like something I must do.

Gameview is a problem, because I'm having difficulties to visualize the small "window" to the map. It maybe sounds funny, but that's how it is. Previously I nailed this problem just by declaring all maps the same size and then doing final drawing from the level size map to 17x17 tile size view. Maybe the reason for this problem is that it involves coordination transformations. I hate them really and I hate math in all forms.

No comments:

Post a Comment